Pro-ITN Libel Suit Post (re: THE TEARS OF THE MIGHTY

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 12:15:18 PST 2000

Wait a second--maybe I have my figures wrong, but I was under the impression that current body-count estimates traced back to the Serbs was a little over 2,000. And I seem to recollect Clinton and Albright (whom I know are not to be equated with NATO as a collective entity) offering up the figure of 100,000 dead Albanians, and more to come, as a justification for the bombing. In any case, Serbian actions in the the Kosovo theater do not seem to meet the criterion of genocide, which is the deliberate attempt to wipe out a group of people based upon membership in an ethnic or cultural group. The Serbs were engaged in a civil war and targeting belligerants and their supporters, no?

It's an odd rhetorical style, which was