Marx

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Mar 16 12:52:15 PST 2000

Nope. It ain't keynesian. Best description was from Ken Lawrence, but in reference to some other group: wobblies and surrealists.

Which is not a bad mixture.

mbs

How about Keynesian ?

CB

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 03/16/00 02:17PM >>>
I heard a rumor that a member of this list was recently complaining elsewhere that it isn't "Marxist." Guilty as charged. There's just too much ideological baggage associatd with that label for my taste. I admire Marx tremendously, and everything I think about politics is shaped by his influence, but I just don't want to get into all the tedious denominational squabbles that are part of the inheritance, and I want a wider conversation than that self-identification would permit.

Doug