Wobblies

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Fri Mar 17 22:51:16 PST 2000

Apsken at aol.com wrote:

Today's
> Wobblies are mostly nostalgic for a syndicalist past that never existed, and
> many, like ChuckO, represent an anarchist strain that the old IWW
> specifically repudiated (as when it urged the Communist International to
> become an affiliate -- too bad that didn't happen).

Indeed. Big Bill Haywood and other Wobblies actually were forced to flee the USA and settled in the USSR. Of course this was while Lenin was still alive but I've always wondered what Haywood and the others thought of the USSR. The last IWW actions in the US were California's Redwood Summer and an organizing drive at a major bookstore chain.

Sam Pawlett