[Fwd: [BRC-MUMIA] JUSTICE FOR PATRICK DORISMOND]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 18 11:25:10 PST 2000

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [BRC-MUMIA] JUSTICE FOR PATRICK DORISMOND Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:06:19 -0800 (PST) From: Amnesty Campaign <prolibertad99 at yahoo.com> To: prolibertad99 at yahoo.com

DEMONSTRATE TO DEMAND JUSTICE FOR PATRICK DORISMOND

Saturday, March 18, 4 pm at 37th St. and 8th Ave. (in front of the Wakamba Lounge where Patrick Dorismond was murdered)

There will be a demonstration on Saturday, March 18 at 4 pm at 37th St. and 8th Ave. in front of the bar where Patrick Dorismond was murdered by NYPD late Thursday night.

Late Thursday, NYPD murdered an unarmed Haitian worker, 25-year-old Patrick Dorismond. Undercover police posing as drug dealers approached Mr. Dorismond in an attempt to entrap him on drug charges. When Mr. Dorismond told them to get lost a confrontation ensued and a "shadow" cop shot Patrick Dorismond in the chest.

So what was Mr. Dorismond's crime? His crime was being young and Black.

It's only been three weeks since the cops who murdered Amadou Diallo walked away free. Just days after their acquittal, the cops murdered Malcolm Ferguson, another unarmed young Black man, just a few blocks away from where Amadou Diallo lived. How many more will be murdered by trigger-happy cops this year?

We call on all people interested in justice to attend the demonstration on Saturday. We must let Mayor Giulianni and Police Commissioner Safir know that the people are mad as hell and we won't take this anymore.

Millions for Mumia is in the process of organizing a major rally at Madison Square Garden Theater on Sunday, May 7, to call for a new trial for African American journalist, political activist and death row inmate Mumia Abu-Jamal. Mumia, like Patrick Dorismond, is a victim of police brutality. Mr. Dorismond was executed in the streets. It is our hope that we will stop the state of Pennsylvania from executing Mr. Abu-Jamal in the death chamber.

Stop the killing! Justice for Patrick Dorismond and all victims of police terror!

This call to action was initiated by International Action Center/Millions for Mumia and Haiti Progres/Haiti Support Network.

National Peoples Campaign/Millions for Mumia 39 West 14th Street, #206 New York, NY 10011 212 633-6646 212 633-2889 FAX email: npcny at peoplescampaign.org http://www.peoplescampaign.org CHECK OUT THE NEW SITE www.mumia2000.org