Libel Against the Serbs (RE: Rebuttal to Nathan

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Tue Mar 21 11:38:55 PST 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

> > Human Rights Watch said its research did not confirm the allegations
> > that Serbian and Yugoslav forces had set up "rape camps" in Pec or
> > Djakovica. The organization criticized NATO, the U.S. government, and
> > the British government for spreading unconfirmed information about rape
> > while the NATO bombing campaign was underway.
>
> How dare NATO accuse the Serbs of stationary rape centers, when gang rapes
> were committed only by mobile units?
>
> If I didn't know better, I would swear Seth was making a parody of his own
> arguments about unfair accusations made against the Serbs.

Point of information: The above press release was written by Human Rights Watch -- the "progressive human rights group." Not by me. Apparently, HRW fears that its credibility is threatened by NATO's tendentious war-propaganda.

It seems that Nathan does not share this concern.