Bangladesh and Child Labor

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Mar 21 19:33:12 PST 2000

I am curious what is missing in the WALL STREET JOURNAL report to cloud this supposed success story?

Nathan Newman ------

I can't recall his name (almost a crime of history) but the courage of the boy who tried to organize his work mate friends against child exploitation, went to the UN, became a famous poster boy for the issue, and was promptly killed for his efforts.

I think that is what is missing--because in this rendition, it makes it sound like some US policy, corporate and consumer concern over child labor was responsible.

Chuck Grimes