Alan's dilemma

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:15:29 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote:
>
> >The Bubblemeister's constant protestations of impotence are particularly
> >interesting: can't do anything about margin debt, can't do anything about
> >derivatives, can't do anything to control who the banks lend
> >to...Seems to be a
> >standard reaction in very powerful institutions l;d by very
> >incompetent people:
> >pretend you are powerless, and that way you won't be expected to act.
>
> Incompetence - or fear?

Yeah, it could be either. On the other hand, as you point out...

> Gotta wonder sometimes why
> the guy didn't follow Rubin's example and leave.

...which I think settles it; Rubin is a bright guy, Alan's not.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique