Outlawing Fascistic Racist Speech

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 23 11:19:16 PST 2000

Charles Brown wrote:

>However, that book on "the coming race war", I can't remember the
>name right now, would probably be banned. Or republications of _Mein
>Kampf_. or _The Birth of a Nation_ A limited number of copies might
>be kept in a special secure library, like the Labadie Collection at
>the University of Michigan or something, sort of like keeping copies
>of the DNA sequences of the small pox virus, but destroying all the
>existing viruses. I want fascistic racism dead in a museum like
>torture chambers from the Inquisition.

Wow, just like the USSR - special libraries under lock & key for the elite. Look how well it worked there!

I own a copy of Mein Kampf. I quoted from it in Wall Street. I would be very pissed off if someone tried to deny me the right to read it. One of the many reasons the Nazis were horrible is that they burned books they didn't like. I don't see how turnabout is fair play here.

Doug