Outlawing Fascistic Racist Speech

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 12:25:37 PST 2000

> As I pointed out when someone said something like this in response to my

article on this subject, thought is not detectable.

Not so. Thought is uncommon, but when it occurs, it is detectable. And not just from words, but from behavior from which can be inferred. So, if we agree that fascist racist words cause bad behavior, why draw the line there? Fascist racist thoughts also cause it, and are detectable, as my example from employment discrimination law suggests.

> However, the idea IS to

eventually get no one to think as a fascistic racist.

If we actually could make it so that no one ever thought a racist or male

supremacist thought again, it would be one of the most freedom loving,

democratic, liberational, wonderful achievements in the history of humanity.

Wonderful, maybe. I am not so sure about freedom loving. Charles actually doesn't care a great deal about freedom. If there were a pill that reliably excised all facist racist thoughts, I bet Charles would want to require us to take it. He doesn't care how we get our brains washed,a s long as we do.

> It would be more important than the passage of the First Amendment.

As I was saying about Charles and freeom.

> It would

be absolutely fabulous if a racist or sexist thought never crossed anyone's

mind again.

I agree. But not at any price.

> Justin's statement here really is a case of philosophical idealism. Thought

is sacred for idealists. Being is of secondary concern to them.

How could I have overlooked that? A fatal objection. Give me the pill, please.

--jks