Asia's urban rot is deeper than it appears

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 25 09:11:30 PST 2000

It would seem that having so few motorcars is a plus rather than a minus. The problem is not the small number of motorcars but the lack of pollution control on public transit and commercial trucks. By the way does anyone know if diesel fumes are worse than gas in health terms. Diesel fumes smell and look worse than gas emissions but are they are a more significant health risk? Are those belching noxious diesel fumes just the tractors or is it intended that this refer to all the other classes of vehicle as well. I doubt that there are very many diesel motorcycles. Perhaps they are two-cycle engines that mix oil with the gas.

Cheers, Ken Hanly