New Scientist on GM Crops

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 26 14:11:28 PST 2000

So just how are scientists supposed to show that bacteria are unlikely to pick up and activate bla? How would a properly designed experiment to show this look?

I assume that my water hose has been subjected to over 100 psi and did not break. That is why it is rated as it is. Did the negative result not show anything re the risk of its breaking at pressures considerably below that--mine runs on 40 psi.? I guess we should sue the capitalist manufacturer for engaging in tests that prove nothing since they are only interested in profits not whether our lines will stand 100 psi.

Cheers, Ken Hanly