Fwd: Weekly Analysis March 27, 2000

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Mar 27 08:47:31 PST 2000

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Doug Henwood wrote about Stratfor:

> [I normally don't forward these but this one seems unusually
> interesting. Don't know if it's accurate, but who does?]

They do seem to be unusually accurate when it comes to Russia. They certainly called Putin's rise via the Chechen war way before anyone else, within days of his appointment as prime minister, when everyone else just naturally assumed he was just another disposable toy of Yeltsin's. Come to think of it, their other claim to glory was good reporting and analysis during Kosovo. I guess they're down with the Slavs.

Michael