Popperism (was Chomsky -- Put up or blah blah)

Thu Mar 30 10:42:15 PST 2000

>I really don't see how one could ever be completely certain that a
>given scientific theory is false. As far as I know, for instance,
>noone has ever "falsified" the basic Ptolemaic understanding of the
>universe.

I don't know. We have never observed any of our satellites crashing into any of the crystal empyrean spheres that carry the planets... And analysis of the orbital elements of comets suggests that they are *not* sublunary phenomena...

Brad DeLong