Popperism (was Chomsky -- Put up or blah blah)

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 07:36:35 PST 2000

I think Harre is pretty good, not great. Bhaskhar was his student and his "discovery." Sayer and Manicas I don't know. In the philosophy of science worlds where I worked in England and America, B is not on the radar screen. I should emphasize that I am not narrowly American here; i studied with Marry Hesse, Nick Jardine, Gerd Buchdahl, David Papineau, that lot, at Cabridge History and Philosophy of Science. Nor is that a narrowly "analytical" crowd.

OK, I've stated my view. People who want to read B and discuss him can do so, but I won't participate. I thinki he's a waste of time,

--jks