Fwd: Grad Employees Stage Sit-In

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 31 12:31:54 PST 2000

[from list alum Dan Vukovich]

Hello Doug,

Thought you and yours on LBO-talk might find this of interest. Will keep you posted, but for now, people might go to the GEO site at http://www.shout.net/~geo/mainpage.html , print out the *.pdf letter there and *mail* it to Pres. Sturkel (c/o of the GEO).

So far, the Univ. has refrained from arresting anyone over this sit-in, but it is generating good press nonetheless. Hopefully today's action will help us move towards a strike by the end of this term.

Cheers, Dan

------------------------------------------------------ Daniel F. Vukovich Dept. of English; The Unit for Criticism University of Illinois Urbana, IL 61801 ------------------------------------------------------