USA: More Repressive Than North Korea (was Re: RES: a trip to

Mon May 1 09:43:10 PDT 2000

Michael Hoover wrote:

>Supposes it's a bit antiquarian of me to suggest in swamp that is lbo
>that battery of individual liberties/rights of which liberal societies
>are so proud amount to 'repressive tolerance.' By giving impression
>of choice and freedom without offering prospect of fulfillment,
>'bourgeois democracy' creates seductive and compelling form of
>oppression.
>
>So have at it to your heart's content lboers, jump on the virtual
>soapbox and express yourself, 'voice' your opinion and become a
>piece of cyberspace junk mail...

Yeah, you're right. We'd be better off if all of us were just lined up against a wall & shot. GIve me repressive intolerance anyday!

Grateful for so much clarification before lunch,

CB: Your implication seems to be that the U.S. has only repressive tolerance and no use of murder as repression , but North Korea does have the latter. This is false. The U.S. already has massive use of murder as repression. You just aren't in the despised groups who are the targets of murderous and violent repression. The U.S. has repressive tolerance and violent , intolerant repression, both, already.

CB