MayDay NYC: Police target anarchists in Union Square

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon May 1 14:19:59 PDT 2000

NYPD strike against protesters in Union Square http://dc2.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=3277 by Flamma 5:01pm Mon May 1 '00

Police target anarchists in Union Square.

Around 2 pm today, at the LEGAL Mayday Amnesty Rally in Union Square, NY police arrested about 20 anarchists without any cause or provocation. The charges pressed against the arrestees are still unknown.

Uniformed and plain clothes police officers encircled and violently arrested the anarchists, who where simply exercising their constitutional right to free speach.

The arrest occured during a legal rally, there was no direct action being taken by anarchists, or any other groups. The police singled out the anarchists, simply because they looked like anarchists, and we can expect the same in Philadelphia and San Diego. If there was any doubt about it know we know that the NYPD are NOT JUST RACISTS, BUT FASCISTS, ENEMIES OF FREE SPEECH!

SUPPORT THE ARRESTED ANARCHISTS! SOLIDARITY!!

-- << Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe