USA: More Repressive Than North Korea

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue May 2 07:45:38 PDT 2000

At 09:52 AM 5/2/00 -0400, Charles wrote:
>How about the good ole American, "the only good injun is a dead injun."
>
>I know these are not Americans thinking they are not tied for the lead as
the biggest mass murdering nation , with despotic murdering leaders like Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Truman, Jackson, McKinley, Wilson, Colin Powell.

Let's not make hasty generalizations. These individuals are not "ordinary Americans", but Ivy-league college educated elite more concerned about abstract ideas than real life people, and seeing the latter as mere pawns in their head games. So the proper generalization from the above should be "the biggest mass-murdering class of people are intellectuals and pundits for whom their ideas and head-games are infinitely more important than lives of other people."

wojtek