USA: More Repressive Than North Korea

Tue May 2 08:37:35 PDT 2000

>>> Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> 05/02/00 10:45AM >>>
At 09:52 AM 5/2/00 -0400, Charles wrote:
>How about the good ole American, "the only good injun is a dead injun."
>
>I know these are not Americans thinking they are not tied for the lead as
the biggest mass murdering nation , with despotic murdering leaders like Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Truman, Jackson, McKinley, Wilson, Colin Powell.

Let's not make hasty generalizations. These individuals are not "ordinary Americans", but Ivy-league college educated elite more concerned about abstract ideas than real life people, and seeing the latter as mere pawns in their head games. So the proper generalization from the above should be "the biggest mass-murdering class of people are intellectuals and pundits for whom their ideas and head-games are infinitely more important than lives of other people." ______________

CB: I sort of agree with you , Wojtek. Although I must say, somehow this class of people convinced millions of ordinary American workers to do all the killing for them. These mass murders in the "Third World" , the colonies, were carried out by mass armies of ordinary Americans. You didn't think the ruling class got itself out on the battle fronts , did you ?

Capitalism introduced the institution of the mass , national army, rather than a professional class of standing bodies of armed men, as in previous class societies. That's another cause of capitalism having such a high immiseration index. War is hell for the targets and the mass of soldiers. Some of the economists here don't take into account in their immiseration index that capitalism has increased the amount of destruction exponentially just as it has done with the amount of production.

Andrew Jackson actually led battles against Indians. He was a real mass murdering liberal.

CB