splat to follow

Tue May 2 11:15:06 PDT 2000

Charles Brown wrote:

>On the other hand, we strugglers don't put our heads in the sand and
>pretend that things are not awful

One of the many reasons I like Reclaim the Streets, DAN, and all the other mostly youthful radical groups is that they're plenty radical, but they don't sit around and moan about how everything sucks. They do stuff, with exuberance, imagination, and wit.

CB: Your implication that all I do is I sit around and moan about how everything sucks is so inaccurate that it amounts to willful slander. Sharply criticizing captialism does not equate to just sitting around and moaning. I venture a guess that I do things in political action and life with at least as much exuberance, imagination and wit as our new comrades today. All the young radicals in the BRC seem to think I have lots of positive energy, exuberance, wit, joix de vivre.

Your chopping out single sentences and quoting me out of context so as to give the opposite meaning of my posts is a fairly low down debating technique, but the whole of my post is there for those to see who want to.

CB