Computer file advocates European superiority/The Free Market Party manifesto

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue May 2 19:28:05 PDT 2000

Ironically this is from the newspaper owned by Richard Mellon Scaife, a far right millionaire funder of right-wing groups in the USA. Speculates a "Third Position, " link.

Michael Pugliese

http://www.tribunereview.com/news/rarr0502.html Computer file advocates European superiority By Michael Hasch TRIBUNE-REVIEW Prior to a murderous rampage that claimed the lives of five people, accused killer Richard S. Baumhammers was an advocate of stronger criminal laws.

Baumhammers, 34, of Elm Spring Road, Mt. Lebanon, was charged last night in Allegheny County with four counts of homicide and seven counts of ethnic intimidation for the shooting spree that claimed the lives of a Jewish woman, two Asian men and an Indian man and left another Indian man hospitalized.

After his arrest at the end of the 90-minute rampage, Baumhammers also was charged with criminal homicide for the shooting death of a black man in Beaver County.

In an affidavit of probable cause filed to support the charges, investigators allude to a document found on Baumhammers' computer. (See below)

The document calls for an "end to Third World immigration" and promotes "European immigration."

The document calls for the formation of a new political party called "The Free Market Party ... dedicated to the concerns of European Americans."

The document, signed by "Free Market Party Chairman Richard Baumhammers," calls for: "Stronger state criminal laws."

According to the document: "The sentence handed out should be fully served. All violent criminal penalties should be lengthened. Parole should be the exception, not the rule."

The document expresses fear that "whites will become a minority ... Once whites are the minority ... (they are) destined to be a true minority in every sense of the world."

Once that happens, the document states, "we will be confronted with anti-European curriculum in elementary and collegiate classrooms. ... America will be confronted with increased crime, societal problems, affirmative action and declining standards of living."

The document calls for lower taxes, an end to affirmative action, reduced foreign aid, and making English the official language of the country and only language used in automated businesses as well as government applications and ballots.

"Europe is the model of advanced civilization. ... The descendants of the people that made this nation great are losing a foothold on this nation," the document states.

In addition to the homicide and ethnic intimidation charges, Baumhammers is charged with single counts of attempted homicide, reckless endangerment, aggravated assault, and firearms violations and two counts each of arson, criminal mischief and institutional vandalism.

The affidavit states that Baumhammers used a molotov cocktail to start a fire at the home of his next-door neighbor after she was shot to death.

Baumhammers also is charged with spraying two synagogues with gunfire and painting a swastika and the word "Jew" on one.

Baumhammers, who is on a suicide watch in Allegheny County Jail, will plead not guilty to all the charges, according to his attorney, William H. Difenderfer.

Those slain Friday were Anita "Nicki" Gordon, 63, Baumhammers' Mt. Lebanon neighbor; Anil Thakur, 31, of Bihar, India; Thao Q. "Tony" Pham, 27, of Castle Shannon; Ji-Ye Sun, 34, of Churchill and Garry Lee, 22, of Aliquippa, Beaver County.

Scott Township grocery store owner Sandit Patel, 25, of Plum Borough, remained in critical condition yesterday at Mercy Hospital, Uptown, with two gunshot wounds in his neck and back.

Bullets taken from Gordon's body match the Smith & Wesson revolver police found in Baumhammers' Jeep Friday.

Baumhammers appeared at last night's arraignment surrounded by Allegheny County police detectives and dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit. He was wearing at least one bulletproof vest, handcuffs, shackles and a beach-sandal on one foot. The other foot was bare.

He spoke with a clear, strong voice in answering the rudimentary questions asked by Coroner's Solicitor Timothy Uhrich and District Justice Gary Zyra of Scott Township - his name, address, if he had representation, did he understand his Miranda rights.

Baumhammers was jailed without bond to await a coroner's hearing on the homicide charges on May 15 and $1 million bond to await a hearing on the other charges before Zyra, probably at the same time as the coroner's hearing. He also was ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

A decision will soon be made on whether to consolidate the Allegheny and Beaver County cases, a move favored by Difenderfer who told reporters Baumhammers first sought psychiatric treatment in 1993.

Yesterday, the Anti-Defamation League's regional director, Joel Ratner, said Baumhammers does not appear to be a member of any recognized hate group.

But he said Baumhammers' anti-minority, anti-immigration stance mirrors an ideology called Third Position, a pro-white philosophy followed by extremist groups such as White Aryan Resistance and The American Front.

Tom Metzger, the founder of White Aryan Resistance which is known as WAR, would not say if his group has had contact with Baumhammers.

He said his group won't condemn or condone Friday's violence but referring to Baumhammers, he said, "We hate to see good people who commit these acts prematurely taken out of the war.''

Marisol Bello and Jonathan Potts contributed to this report.

Baumhammers' manifesto EDITOR'S NOTE: The following is the political manifesto of Richard Baumhammers, charged with killing five people and critically injuring a sixth in a hate-inspired shooting spree. Police found the document on his home computer.

The Free Market Party

The Free Market Party is a new political party dedicated to the concerns of European-Americans. Due to current immigration levels, European-Americans will soon be the minority in America. The principal objective of the Free Market Party.Com is to end all third world immigration. There are few political parties that work for the interests of the American majority. We plan on running candidates for national office to voice our concerns and to organize politically. Once elected, FMP representatives will work to enact new legislation to stop all third world immigration. Another issue we support is new legislation to allow for European immigration.

The formation of a contemporary political party is needed to fill a void net addressed by the two main political parties. The Republican party and the Democratic party are almost the same in terms of ideology. The parties have merged to the center and voters have difficulty distinguishing between the two. The two main parties perform more like businesses than true political parties. The time is right for a third political party such as the Free Market Party. Voters are more likely to vote for a third party than in past years. The voting patterns of Americans are going to go through a political transformation once voters realize that it is in their interest to vote for a real political alternative.

Objectives

End to Third World immigration - In several decades European-Americans will become a minority in America. This is due to the 1965 Immigration Act. This law allows for almost exclusive third world immigration to the U.S. Every year, 1.2 million third world immigrants become U.S. citizens. This wrongly enacted law needs to be corrected and changed by new legislation.

Allow for European Immigration - Ever since passage of the 1965 Immigration Act, European immigration has been practically eliminated. The demographics of cities like Miami and LA are the shape of things to come. California will become the future model of the U.S. if third world immigration is not stopped. Traditional Americans will live in isolated suburbs outnumbered by third world immigrants.

Lower Taxes - All state and federal taxes should be reduced to lower the burden to the average taxpayer while ending wasteful spending to preserve the quality of government.

End To Affirmative Action - Affirmative action has runs its course in American society. Capable college students are discriminated against due to being considered traditional Americans. All federal, state and local jobs should be given solely on the merits of the individual. All quotas in business should be eliminated and the playing field should be level.

Foreign Aid - Most foreign aid is squandered. Foreign aid should be drastically reduced and this money should be spent improving schools, developing industries and spent on care for the elderly. Egypt receives 2 billion in foreign aid per year. They haven't restructured their economy and they have actually experienced a population expansion and increased poverty.

Stronger State Criminal Laws - The sentence handed out should be fully served. All violent criminal penalties should be lengthened. Parole should be the exception and not the rule.

English Official Language - All basic school instruction should be taught in the English language. All government applications and ballots should be printed only in the English language. At automated businesses, the language choice should be only English.

At the minimum, we prefer to have the demographic composition of the country stay as it is. At present, European-Americans comprise 80 percent of the population. According to demographic statistics, whites will become a minority in the year 2050. This will further balkanize the nation and lead to white flight to the suburbs and cultural decline. Soon, European-Americans will lose political power and this will lead to this country losing its European center of gravity. Once whites are the minority in the country, immigration levels will never be changed and whites are destined to be a true minority in every sense of the word.

The free enterprise system has given us the greatest standard of living in the world. However, real income for the middle class has actually declined since 1970.

Everyone has to be concerned about the declining income of the middle and the upper middle class. One reason families have two wage earners is that we no longer have an industrial manufacturing economy. We need to have economic policies in place that build up the industries we have lost in recent years. We need to reinvest in America. Subsidies are needed to build new steel mills, textile plants, manufacturing plants and a mini silicon valley here in Pittsburgh. If we reduce foreign aid and military excursions we could have more economic development and develop our infrastructure. Our military have been involved in Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo spending needed tax dollars instead of investing in the infrastructure of the nation. Our best minds need to work to modernize and invest in the industries of America, instead of expensive policeman ventures far away from home. These involvements do not affect our national interest.

We need fair trade laws that allow our products to be sold in other nations without high tariffs being placed on them. Many so called developing countries place high tariffs on our goods and this affects our workers' ability to compete globally, This has also contributed to the declining in real income for many Americans. We need policies in place that open foreign markets for our products and services.

Once European-Americans assume a minority status in the U.S., we will be confronted with anti-European curriculum in elementary and collegiate classrooms. We are starting to see this now. Europe is the model of advanced civilization. This concept must be taught in all classrooms. In some elementary schools, classes are already taught in several different languages where there are many newly arrived immigrants. America will be confronted with increased crime, societal problems, affirmative action and a declining standard of living. In essence, what made this country what it is will be lost. The descendants of the people that made this nation great are losing a foothold in this nation.

The Free Market Party has been designed to counter these political trends and to offer a real alternative to the two party system. We intend on running candidates to enact new legislation for the benefit of America.

Free Market Party

Chairman

Richard Baumhammers, J.D., LL.M.

Click here for advertising information

Back to Headlines...

Images and text copyright © 2000 by The Tribune-Review Publishing Co. Reproduction or reuse prohibited without written consent from PittsburghLIVE.