Sneaker Scumbags

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 3 07:12:36 PDT 2000

G'day Nathan,

I stand happily corrected. Keep forgetting I'm getting all this by way of the telly - which likes cute youngsters, banners and flashes of aggro more than it likes lived-in faces, pamphlets and reasoned argument. Sutton (my, er, town) was gonna have a Mayday march (the main street is only fifty yards long, so I thought I could make it if I brought a packed lunch), but I spent the day puking instead (which is the closest I get to a weight-loss regime, so the day was not wasted).

>Along with the other excitements of the Seattle/DC protests, the
>multi-generational convergence of activism is one of the other breakthroughs
>worth celebrating.

Cheers, Rob.