Zizek's (Cockburn's) Lenin

Wed May 3 11:44:11 PDT 2000

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 05/03/00 02:02PM >>>
Charles Brown wrote:

>What's wrong with left jargon ?

Formulaic, out-of-date, alienating, clunky. How's that for a start?

CB: I've been meaning to say here, those here who keep talking like their jargon does not suffer from the same list of weakness that Doug gives us here are indulging themselves in unfounded self-congratulations.

To make the above judgment implies that you have some talk and political language that is not as you criticize "left jargon" to be. But, do you really think your talk is all fun , non-formulaic, uptodate, non-alienating,non-klunky? I haven't seen it. I sure wouldn't be imitating what you have copied from Zizek , et al, if I was trying to be politically fresh.

So, back at you. Your political rhetoric seems pretty tired. Why would we take your judgement of ours ?

I sure wouldn't leave my cabaret to go to your square dance. I could say it more vulgarly, but you all are a bit stiff.

CB