Zizek's Lenin

Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net
Wed May 3 14:28:24 PDT 2000

Apsken at aol.com wrote:

> I personally anticipate that as the intensity of struggle mounts, a
>portion of today's disparate corps of activists will strive once again for
>the kind of organizational cohesion and political clarity and unified action
>that are fundamental to Leninism, albeit adapted to a different social order
>in a different century.

No we won't. Our organisations are closer to Anarchist designs then Lenninist ones and our attitudes more anti-authoritarian then vanguardist. This is good. Everytime lenninists came to power they only replaced one dictator with another. I really don't think we are going to repeat that mistake by following failed vanguardist models.

-- Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American president would have to be hanged." - Noam Chomsky