I "LOVE" YOU

JC Helary helary at eskimo.com
Thu May 4 19:44:39 PDT 2000

> Just opened my email for the first time since 7am. There were 20 pieces of
> viral email in my inbox.
>
> Insubstantially,
>
> frances

I think Charles (Brown) wrote something recently about diseases like aids and malaria being brought to pandemia status because of capitalism mode of production. While I was doing my laundry I wondered whether we could not apply this thought to computer viruses. And because I am totally addicted I had to reboot and share this with you.

I suppose the virus did not reach Japan yet because nobody would care about an email in english in their mailbox here. Language as a media through which viruses are transmitted ? Much more powerful than any std !

And about addicted people on the list. Was it Steve who refered to them (already erased the mail, but I'm down to 1700 in the lbo box with less than 999 unread...). As long as lbo pals and pallies are teachers in uni or other 'culture/knowledge/grass root' activism I am confident they don't have much nuisance power, unlike the nerds in Wall Street.

Ok, program for the rest of the day : turn off the machine, get noodles, date my bookseller and head for a 'Bourbon Street' (that's the name of the band) rock concert...

I LOVE YOU ALL

JC Helary