Hillwilliam Humor or John Boy on China PNTR

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Fri May 5 14:47:30 PDT 2000

He may have been our's and a good solid progressive democrat; I think "crook" characterization is a little harsh! I'm not familiar with the particulars of the questionable ethics violations that Riffe was charged with, but, at the time it sounded like some pretty trivial stuff and it still does as the AP report indicates.

I've also read the reports that since Riffe's death, there has been commercial clear cut logging in the state forrests in Riffe's old district in southern Ohio. Sometimes the saying over my dead body does come true.

Tom