"I have an activist heart, but I am a capitalist tool."

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri May 5 17:49:10 PDT 2000

My formatting was a little confusing and rushed. There are two parts to my post. The first was meant to be a citation of the book by the Dollars & Sense (and new Nation Sr. editor) that I included as an implicit critique of the longer piece from the The New Republic on the Millenium March in D.C.

And as long as I'm on the subject here is another citation. "Queerly Classed :Gay Men and Lesbians Write About Class Susan Raffo, Editor, South End Press, 1997. To be avoided at all costs is a book from those Red Orange folks, " The Material Queer: A Lesbigay Cultural Studies Reader edited by Donald Morton Salt Kondracke.

Michael Pugliese

P.S. Since one of the threads is on NLR, anyone read the Gregory Elliott book on Anderson? Perry Anderson: The Merciless Laboratory of History. Published by University of Minnesota Press in late '98. Have not seen in paperback yet.