Americans Feeling the Effects of 'Blowback'

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sat May 6 10:20:08 PDT 2000

Hi,

Blowback is spy tradecraft terminology for UNINTENTIONAL spread of disinformation or trained agents back into the original country of origin.

Note: a CIA case officer (the spy) trains or oversees field agents and informants who are not directly employees of the agency.

-Chip

p.s. to Chuck O: B5 rogue telepath Lyta trumps Londo without even sweating, but in a dark alley, I'll take the DS9 Bajoran Major Kira...her earing was made from a downed Cardassian vessel! Who ya gonna call?