From The Union "Hardhead List"

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sat May 6 18:46:25 PDT 2000

On the technical side of things, I'd have to come down on the side of Enrique, Dan Davies and Doug(if this isn't a new paradigm:o). The US boom and bubble have been propelled by huge inflows of foreign capital/money. The US economy has reached a point where Dr. Greenspan and the Fed to keep attracting foreign capital/money will have to raise interest rates.

Along with a rise in interest rates comes an intensification of economic and labor discipline aimed at increasing productivity.

Tom