Zizek's Lenin

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat May 6 19:46:44 PDT 2000

"Joe R. Golowka" wrote:

<< Overall most students are still apathetic. In my university of over 20,000 people we have about 30 committed activists and around 30 people who are sort of involved on an on and off basis. That's a tiny portion of the population.>>

That's actually pretty good. The proportions were not really much different from that in 1968. If a dramatic situation arises, 30 + 30 is more than enough to set thousands in motion -- and thousands in motion will seem like millions. Hang in there.

Carrol