From The Union "Hardhead List"

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sun May 7 01:17:03 PDT 2000

At 07:59 PM 06/05/00 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Reese wrote:
>
>>Thought police. Open up. We're taking you for reeducation, you've been
>>reading Ayn Rand and discussing individualism with others.
>
>Oh yes, all those hegemonic lefties, threatining the poor besieged
>Randians. Truly our precious liberties are at risk. "Capitalism - the
>unknown ideal." Wow, isn't that a bold thing to say! No wonder people
>who say it are at such risk - it threatens the existing collectivist
>order.

Doug, this is hyperbole. Hyperbole in poor taste perhaps, but hyperbole none the less.

Justin nailed my failure to address Greenspans' position without acknowledging the singular line I was addressing and the intent of my hyperbole, you've taken my hyperbole out of context from the rest of my statements and flamed it. All part of another day on the internet, yes?

Reese