From The Union "Hardhead List"

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun May 7 04:32:03 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/7/00 1:53:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, reeza at flex.com writes:

<< What do we think of them? Are we back to judging people by the actions of

others again?

Reese, then:

The key thing: I do judge politicians by the people they appoint. Part of the reason Nixon was evil was because of the actions of Henry the K; part of the reason Reagan was evil, although by accounts a personally nice guy, was because of Jean Kirkpatrick, William Casey, Elliot Abrams, et al.

To a lesser extent that goes for one's intellectual heros. What would you think of Greenspan if he professed admiration for Hitler as a political theorist?

--jks