Reply to Doug (aka Bitch)

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Sun May 7 23:42:04 PDT 2000

Ken L wrote:

> I have no personal knowledge of people's activity, so I do not discuss
> it.

Actually, you could gleaned some knowledge of people's activities if you read their posts; but don't let that stop you.

> I address their arguments.

> When these lovers of theory and philosophy
> vigorously oppose taking to the streets

Which has never been the argument; but don't let that stop you.

> I believe they mean what they write,
> and respond accordingly.

No, you believe they mean what you think they should mean and do not understand why (for instance) anyone does not or could not approach theory or philosophy (as a reader or writer) in order to find the unambiguous answers to the question 'What is to be done?'; and you respond as if theory and philosophy is 'useless' unless its mode of address is authoritarian and premised on a neat and -- I think, if one was remotely interested in class struggle analysis or class composition -- redundant distinction ('the masses should be summoned by the intellectuals with clear and simple slogans') ...but don't let that stop you.

My apologies for the interruption. Please, go on.

Angela _________