Bill Fletcher Jr. on Internationalism (Jim O'Connor)

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Mon May 8 15:01:07 PDT 2000

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Jim heartfield wrote:

> I'd be interested in the detail. The history of 'co-determination' in
> industrial relations is pretty poor.

Is it, really? Central Europe has a pretty strong tradition of a progressive politics of productivity, plus fairly harmonious labor relations in general. Aren't seats on the management board an important first step in socializing the means of production?

> There I think I must defend my fellow Europeans. Most US cultural theory
> is derivative of European post-structuralism and phenomenology.

Fredric Jameson, Henry Louis Gates Jr, Judith Butler?

-- Dennis