Zizek responds

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Mon May 8 18:21:13 PDT 2000

<< As if to underscore the obvious point that Z's disciples refuse to see,

our ironist Brad DeLong likened Z's chauvinistic and imperialistic bombast to

the poet laureate of imperialism, Rudyard Kipling! >>

No, it was I who quoted Kipling. Brad just identified the source. And, since our house marxists are irony proof, let me say that I was not likening Z to Kipling, I was responmding to whoever took the reference to to the term "African" in the same sentence as "masscre" as racist; my point was that after the Nazi holocaust, only a fool would say that massacres are only committed by people whom racists wrongly believe to be savages. --jks