Zizek

Michael Yates mikey+ at pitt.edu
Tue May 9 06:58:09 PDT 2000

I have not entered into the numerous discussions of Zizek, because I have not read much of him. However, I did read a Lingua Franca (I believe) piece on him. Apparently he (and his wife too) try to get a new academic gig each year. I got the impression that this was because the work was so easy. Zizek is apparently notoriously unconcerned about his students, going so far as to put fake names on his student sign up sheets to give the impression that his available time for students was always filled. No doubt because he had more important things to do.

Michael Yates