[Fwd: RE: An Orientalist explanation from Zizek]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 9 07:26:21 PDT 2000

Several Latin American comrades on the marxism list defend Freud's importance for understanding individuals. I continue to disagree with them on this, but thought it might be useful to at least note on LBO that the debates going on here have not two sides but numerous sides. The following post illustrates this though of course it does not provide an argument. It merely labels a position.

Carrol

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: RE: An Orientalist explanation from Zizek Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 08:52:36 -0300 From: Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky <gorojovsky at inea.com.ar>

En relación a RE: An Orientalist explanation from Zizek, el 9 May 00, a las 8:36, Mark Jones dijo:

>I can tell you this: these are the guys (starting with that
>great fraud Lacan) who first gave Freud a REALLY
>bad name.

YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, could not stop myself from sending this deeply useless posting. Poor Anglo Saxon world, has read Freud first through Melanie Klein, second through Jacques Lacan. If they had entered Newton the same way, they would still be doing sorcery to keep the Sun coming back next year.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky gorojovsky at inea.com.ar