September 26

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Tue May 9 07:31:17 PDT 2000

message from the UK

Who are the september 26th collective?

We are a newly formed group of people who want to go to prague to protest against the International Monetary Fund and World Bank whose policies impose harsh repression to peoples and eco-systems. The IMF was set-up to provide goverments with a safety valve of cash if there economies collapse due to the inherent tendencies of capitalism to over produce. When these goverments needed to borrow money the IMF gave BUT with conditions. Basically the IMF tells the debtor country "open your markets or face the consequences". If the country disagrees then the evil twin NATO steps in and privatises the local people into many peices (recent example serbia). This is a simplified version of what happens but the outcome is still the same.

what has been set-up so far is a UK based list server to co-ordinate people who want to go to prague for the political art festival and/or the action!

Send a blank email to:

september26collective-subscribe at egroups.com

We are based in London and are intending to organise nationally by proposing a speaking tour which will include infomative discussions about IMF/World bank combined with practical discussion about the practicals of getting to prague and networking it with local activist networks. We are asking groups around the UK to organise a planning meeting where people from the september 26th collective can attend if need be to convey information and/or logistics for a mobilisation to prague. We are a non-organisation in the sense that we are here to co-operate not to lead or been seen to be "official" in any sense of the word.

There is so much to discuss and plan that we need participants not spectators. If you do not want to get involved then please do not bother subscribing to the list. If you want more information and are attracted to the idea of a Mass action in prague then please feel free to join.

Guerrilla gardening in prague anyone?

September 26th collective

********

****** The A-Infos News Service ******

News about and of interest to anarchists

******

COMMANDS: lists at tao.ca

REPLIES: a-infos-d at lists.tao.ca

HELP: a-infos-org at lists.tao.ca