Let's adopt the Parliamentary System

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Wed May 10 14:23:45 PDT 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, matt hogan wrote:

> I think we should copy England and adopt a parliamentary government
> structure. This way, everyone would be represented--from Labor to the
> Greens.

You mean, adopt the proportional representation electoral systems characteristic of the European Union. Given our huge trade/current account deficits with Europe, we could even hit them up for supplemental aid or something.

Personally, I think Oregon should secede from the US and become the next member of the EU. Our major, um, cash crop would be a smash success in those Dutch export markets.

-- Dennis