Let's adopt the Parliamentary System

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 10 15:08:34 PDT 2000

>Like your dairy and meat products I fear that Oregon's finest would be out
>competed by the product of New Zealand. All that horticultural knowledge we
>assembled when we had an economy

Ah, yes. That'd be back when you had a rugby league team, wouldn't it?

(sorry ... )

>has been but to good use in the
>economically depressed but rather mellow provinces of NZ.

Bet our economically depressed provinces can produce more Dutch eye-reddener than yours! We'd export a larger proportion, too, as young men are the major consumer group for this product, and most of those who did not abandon mum'n'dad's precious allotment at puberty, have since hung themselves (male youth suicide rates have tripled in the bush in the last decade).

So thin those silver linings, these days ...

Cheers, Rob.