Reply to Doug

Thu May 11 07:54:37 PDT 2000

>>> <kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca> 05/10/00 05:22PM >>>

On Wed, 10 May 2000 15:08:53 -0400 Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> > > What are your ideas ?

> > I'm not sure what they are exactly, but I've got them strapped to my boots.

> CB: Whereas , you know Zizek's ideas exactly ?

No, I've just got his books strapped to my boots.

I don't have any ideas, these are someone elses ideas, I was just holding them for a while.

CB: I thought you did have ideas, and they were strapped to your boots.

Zizek is the same as you. He has someone else's ideas he is holding for a while.

Marx said he was a dwarf standing on the shoulder of giants or the equivalent.

Everybody's ideas are everybody's ideas. That's the power of humanity. We are the original computer network, every brain is connected to all the other brains in the species. We're natural communists.

_________

> CB: Zizek is insipid and violent ?

Aren't we all?

_______