Question

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Thu May 11 09:36:28 PDT 2000

Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> suggested:

<Plunkitt of Tammany Hall by Riordin. The only book you need to read to <understand American politics and government.

<Tom Lehman

My recommendation is _Democracy and the Organization of Political Parties_; vol 2; Moishe Ostrogorskii. This book was published about 1905 and some things have changed, but I think it is still pertinent. Vol 1 is on the British party system, Vol 2 on the American.

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> Hello Left Business Observor List
>
> I am teaching introduction to U.S. Government for the first time in
the
> fall, and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion about a text that
> relates basic political structure from a critical vantagepoint.
>
> Thanks.
> Jacob Segal
>
> I recommend Naked Lunch, by William S. Burroughs.
>
> mbs

You know, Max, sometimes I can't tell if you are serious or kidding. Naked Lunch is possible isn't it?

-- John K. Taber