Punk rock and contemporary anarchism

Patrick F. Durgin kenning at avalon.net
Thu May 11 21:19:45 PDT 2000

Yeah, well, I gathered that. And it's a legitimate red flag to raise, so to speak. I do think that in many ways the punk thing, the '77 anon sort of angle, is useful in terms of understanding the way in which pop has wholly embraced and put to damn effective use the detournement ever since that transformative wish. Look at that McClaren fellow, whether you view him as villain or hero. Cornershop is an excellent example of this. It's the perceived duty of pop to code you out at about 30 (or in my case, 25).

Patrick

-----Original Message----- From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, May 11, 2000 10:48 PM Subject: Re: Punk rock and contemporary anarchism