union premium narrows

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue May 16 12:13:14 PDT 2000

The other factor would be the outsourcing of high wage union labor -- auto parts, plane parts. Then too, the economist is correct: if you unionize janitors instead of engineers, the premium would be lower. The Boeing strike showed that the unions could appeal to the higher waged workers, but I don't believe that they have done a good job in that respect. I guess they would rather court Clinton/Gore.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu