FW: FW: Clintonoids Serve Up Mud Pie Analysis

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed May 17 15:03:18 PDT 2000

DH: Perhaps I'm misremembering, but weren't the job effects the major things that EPI, the AFL-CIO, and Ross Perot all talked about in 1992-3?

I suppose, keeping in mind that the terminology of "job loss" is a concession to the public discourse (where for the other side there is nothing but "job gains" on the horizon). For EPI it connotes a shift in job composition due to the erosion of manufacturing jobs.

DH: No doubt at least some of the growth in temp help - which appears in the employment numbers as temp help, a service industry - has been among people actually working in factories. Anyone from EPI got a handle on this?

probably. Maybe I can dig something up, though it should be on our web site somewhere.

mbs