jobs

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 18 18:05:14 PDT 2000

kelley wrote:

> At 07:21 PM 5/18/00 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
> > Leads pay $55,000 to $65,000 per year and
> >Coordinators $65,000-$75,000 plus good benefits.
>
> ain't that diddly squat in greater NYC area? or am i mistaken?

In 1969 #25,000 a year virtually put one in the margins of the ruling class. I would like to see a chart of household incomes more finely divided than by quintiles. Just what is the level at which one is living off the labor of others? My daughter (a computer consultant) describes her salary as obscene (and her husband, also a computer consulatant, has incorporated himself). So they are at that level. But where (even crudely) is the dividing line? I would assume, especially in a high cost area, that it is well above $55,000.

Carrol