Minimum wage and unemployment

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Fri May 19 09:56:44 PDT 2000

David Card did studies in many states (California, then New Jersey and Pennsylvania if I remember correctly). Most of this work is in the book:

Myth and Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage David Card and Alan B. Krueger 1997, Princeton University Press

Jim

At 11:47 AM 5/19/00, you wrote:
>A few years ago someone studied the effects of the minimum
>wage on employment levels in, I think, New Jersey, and
>concluded that the former had either no effect on the latter
>or that there was a positive correlation. Can anyone remind
>me of the name of the report or the person doing it, or even
>give a URL? Thanks.
>

>Gordon

"Oh, money has its own way, and money has to grow"

--Malvina Reynolds -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20000519/e83a88cc/attachment.htm>