jobs

Chris Chris at susi.net
Fri May 19 11:20:28 PDT 2000

I'm puzzled by the way these numbers work out.

The top 20% of households in 1998 was $127,000.

The 90%tile of workers in 1999 was 52%. Assuming that a household has two wage earners in a similar earnings basis (which is certainly >not< valid in the real world) that makes the top 10%tile averaging 104,000 a year. It would also make the top 20%tile making about 78,000 a year.

The number also seem awfully low in my opinion.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:35:41 -0400