jobs

Chris Chris at susi.net
Fri May 19 12:30:30 PDT 2000

Alright, well income vs wage accounts for a good part of it and the 'wage' vs. 'income' didn't go unnoticed originally.

However I still thought the wages seemed low. $52,000 a year in 1999 was among the top 10%tile of U.S. Wage earners? $39,000 was in the top 20%? My thinking was that there are a lot of people in white-collar jobs (doctors, lawyers, executives, IT) that would be more than 10% of the workforce that earn over 52k.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:39:49 -0400