'The Web was invented by the British but exported to theUS...We don't want that to happen again.'

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon May 22 08:40:44 PDT 2000

Since this list is such a font of information, perhaps somebody can help me run down a better source for this citation.

Quigley, Carroll. 1966. Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time (NY: Macmillan).

49: William Paterson, on obtaining the charter of the Bank of England in 1694, to use the moneys he had won in privateering, said, "The Bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing."

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu